How we use your information
We will always keep your personal information safe and secure. So that you’re informed this privacy notice tells you why ukmedicalinsurance.co.uk collects and uses your personal information.
It applies to information we obtain from;
- Visitors to our website
- Customers who use our services, e.g. make an enquiry or request a quote
ukmedicalinsurance.co.uk is owned and operated by Media Pass Digital Ltd, who is the data holder, or controller, of any personal information provided to ukmedicalinsurance.co.uk. (ICO registered data controller ZA473587).
If you’ve any questions about how we use your personal information and protect your privacy you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Visitors to our website
When someone visits ukmedicalinsurance.co.uk we use site analytic tools provided by companies such as Google, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns that are collected through ‘cookies’. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the site and its various pages, browsing habits, where you visited before you reached our website and the frequency that people return to the site. We also use other third-party advertiser pixels, which are common across most digital advertising platforms. These advertising tools consist of cookies that are placed onto our website to track visitors and these cookies are used to deliver advertising relevant to you. They also limit the number of times that you see an advert and help us measure the effectiveness of online advertising campaigns.
This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone at an individual level. We do not make, and do not allow Google or any online advertisers to make, any attempt to analyse this data at a personal level. The information we gather from cookies will be stored and used for statistical purposes to help us make informed decisions about how to improve our online advertising and website content or functioning for returning and future visitors.
Customers who use our services
Why we collect your personal information
We use your information quite simply at your request to deal with your enquiry and to provide you with a quotation. If you provide personal information about someone else, for example if an enquiry is made for yourself and a partner, you must do so with the permission of the other person. The personal information about the other person will be used in the ways as described in this privacy notice.
You don’t have to give us any of your personal information, but if we are collecting your data to fulfil our contract with you and it’s necessary to enter into a contract, we will be unable to provide our services if you choose not to provide your information.
- If you make an enquiry or ask for a quote, either through our website or over the phone, these details will be used to contact you to help you with your enquiry and to get you a quote. We are using these details at your request, as a first step prior to entering into a contract with you.
- To provide you with a quote we will securely pass your personal details to an FCA authorised broker, we do this to fulfil our contract with you.
Please note: If you decide to progress with an application for life insurance through a relevant and associated third party, the information you have provided to us, together with any further information requested by them and supplied by you, will be held by them for the purposes set out in their privacy notice.
- If you or a third-party authority makes a complaint about us or if we are legally obligated, we will use your personal information to investigate the complaint or comply with our legal obligations. We are contractually obligated to deal with your complaint appropriately.
- Your personal information is also further used for statistical analysis purposes. For example, we will exchange information with third party FCA authorised brokers to see whether you took out a policy or not. Or we will share management reports and forecasting internally and with brokers for whom we are acting as an intermediary. We do this to help us develop our business, assess our performance and plan for the future.
Sharing your information
We will not share, sell, loan or lease your personal information to any other third party except those relevant, or needed, to provide the products or services you have requested – your information is passed securely to the following categories of companies:
- FCA authorised brokers – we are an intermediary and we help you get a quote by passing the details of your enquiry to an expert who will provide an accurate quote based on your needs.
- Related companies – when we use your information for administrative, management forecasting and planning and statistical purposes we may share data reports with other businesses that are related through Media Pass Digital Ltd, as well as FCA authorised brokers. Your broker may also send us information relating to products purchased following initial use of our service to assist with sales tracking.
We do not routinely transfer personal information outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). However, a product or service may be administered from a country outside Europe. If this is the case, we put a contract in place to ensure that your information is adequately protected, secure and any transfer of personal information outside of the EEA will comply with local data protection regulation.
Keeping your information
We’ll hold on to your information for at least as long as is needed to be able to provide our services to you. After this point we review the data that we hold to decide whether we need to keep hold of your information any longer, for example to deal with a complaint or for any legal reasons that may arise from a complaint being made.
We may also hold your information for administrative, management forecasting and planning and statistical purposes, in which case, we will limit what we keep where possible to minimise risk and safeguard personal information.
You have a lot of rights relating to your personal information:
- The right to be informed about how we use your personal information (that’s why we have produced this notice)
- The right to ask for confirmation of and access to the personal information we hold about you
- The right to ask us to amend your information if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- The right to request that we delete your information, or stop using it in some circumstances
- The right to complain to the data protection regulator in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office
By using our site, you agree to us placing these sorts of cookies on your device and accessing them when you visit the site in the future. If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, the “help” section in your browser should provide instructions on how to delete specific cookies and change your cookie settings. Further information about cookies can be found at allaboutcookies.org. Please note that by deleting or disabling future cookies, your website experience may be affected, and you might not be able to take advantage of certain functions of our site.
There are two main types of cookies that we use – here’s what they do and why we use them.
- First party cookies – these are the very basic Google Analytics cookies that we set on our site automatically. They have names such as _utmt, _utma, _utmb, utmc and _utmz and they do things like keep track of the number of times someone visits our site, how long someone spends on our site or where you came from to find our site (which search engine you used). These cookies allow us to measure and analyse how people use our site and so we can improve functionality and your experience.
- Third party cookies – these are set by third parties and can be used for tracking or by marketing companies (e.g. advertising networks). Third party cookies originate from a domain that’s different to the website being visited. This means that companies with a different domain name may also place cookies on our website, to assist with our marketing and advertising and show you adverts that may be of interest to you. For example, when you visit our website, we may link to another company’s website such as Facebook. These cookies allow us to deliver advertising relevant to you when you browse the internet. They also help us limit the number of times that you see an advert from us and help us measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
You can opt-out to the creation of a user profile, Hotjars storing of data about your usage of our site and Hotjars use of tracking cookies on other websites by following this opt-out link.
How to contact us
We always have our customers best interests at heart and we want to hear from you, especially if:
- You have any requests or queries in relation to your personal information
- You want to exercise any of your rights as set out above
- You have a complaint
You can contact our Data Protection Officer by emailing email@example.com.
Or if you’d like to, you can write to us at:
Data Protection Officer
PO Box 285
We keep our privacy notice under regular review. Any future updates to this privacy notice will be found on this page.